Wind Measurement in Cold Climate
For measurement campaigns in cold climate regions it is essential to carefully select the measurement instruments. Particularly icing of sensors and the wrong met mast construction can lead to measurement errors and loss of data. Reliable power consumption is crucial to heat the measurement system properly.
Challenges for wind measurement in cold climate
- Icing of sensors
- Icing of met mast construction
- Inconsistent measurement data due to snow and ice
- Difficulties in estimating the wind conditions due to more complex calculations
- Power supply to reliably heat sensors etc.
Questions about measurement in cold climate? Our sales team is here for you.
Components of wind measurement in cold climate
- Data loggers to record and calculate wind data
- Anemometers to measure the wind speed
- Wind vanes to determine the wind direction
- Temperature humidity sensor and air pressure sensor to measure the air density
- Remote sensing systems - LiDAR devices
- Communication systems to transfer measurement data
- Power supply systems
Standards and Guidelines
- IEC 61400-12-1
- TR6 (Rev.9)